Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Too Much To Talk About

So, after becoming obessed with the podcast "Stash and Burn," I have been listening to every single one of their podcasts -- it's gotten so bad that I almost want to be able to listen to the podcasts more than once because I just may have missed something. They talked about this pattern by Stefanie Japel, so I had to go check it out:


Now, I have to say that I LOVE this pattern. It reminds me of the copy of the Anthropologie shrug that I believe was posted onto Crafty's website. It's not a shrug/caplelt sort of thing, but I do love them both. This is something that I may be more inclined to start to create. The pattern calls for 400 yards of worsted weight yarns -- which I'm SURE that I could manage to scrounge up in my stash. It also calls for some thinner yarn that would, obviously, have to correspond with the main color of the sweater, that I may have to go out and purchase for myself. Anyways, I just have to say, just one more time, how much I LOVE this sweater!!!

In another episode, they started to talk about something called "Lady Eleanor." After clicking on their link which sends you into a search on Flickr for "Lady Eleanor," I went around until I found this picture of the one that I loved the most:


I thought it was the prettiest set of colors out of all of the wonderful ones that came up. I had to do a little nosing around until I fould her blog, Hey Lucy. Her blog isn't just for knitting, but rather making things in general, which I think is a great take on the blogging idea. I am going to start searching for some patterns for Lady Eleanor. If anyone has any great patterns that they have found, please let me know! Book/website/anything -- you would become my hero of my knitting week.

Okay, the last thing that I had to bring up, that I've decided has made me a complete dork, is the knitter's geek code. I did create my own knitter's geek code, which comes up on the right side of my page under my picture. I know it's sad, but I saw it on so many people's blogs and I just had to join in on the craze =)

Other than that, you guys should all definately check out the blogs that I've linked to -- they're totally awesome and have a wide variety of blogs on it. So, make sure you check them all out!

Keep The Needles Moving,
Maddie

4 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger lucy said...

hi, thanks for finding my picture of Lady Eleanor. The pattern is from the book Scarf Style, and there is even a Scarf Style-along blog where you can see lots of people's projects from the book, including many Lady Eleanor wraps :o)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger lucy said...

I forgot to add that this is Marne from the blog HeyLucy :o)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You can find the pattern in Scarf Style, but there is also a great article on Entralac in the Spring Interweave too!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

I couldn't reply to you via email. I am using Noro Silk Garden for my Lady E.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home